Dermatologist Case Study
SEO Case Study for a Local Dermatology Practice
In September of 2019, a local dermatology practice in Surprise, AZ was referred to us to help them improve their local presence in the Sun City, Sun City West, and El Mirage markets. Historically, their website has underperformed, really being utilized for new patient paperwork and general contact information. They ranked for 3 keywords on Google but lacked visibility on the high traffic keywords like dermatologist, skin care, and more.
After our initial SEO audit, we found that many of the SEO attributes on the website were missing or duplicated. Many of the pages lacked any meaningful content and the last time they wrote a blog was over 18 months prior. Their online presence was in shambles as they had moved locations 90 days prior, so they were starting to feel the pain from neglecting their online presence.
Missing or improper SEO attributes
Lack of overall visibility in their core market
Incorrect online listings
Poor content marketing strategy
We conducted a detailed audit of the clients on-site and off-site SEO metrics, content, and online presence. Next, we identified how potential customers were searching through an extensive competitor evaluation process and implemented various on-site and off-site strategies surrounding these high traffic keywords. We simultaneously worked to correct the missing or inaccurate online listings, optimized the clients Google My Business and Bing Local pages, and created new listings to help drive additional local search traffic to the site. Lastly, we worked with the client to develop new content for the site, increasing their page count from 18 to over 37 pages, and created a series of on-site and off-site blogs over the 6 months.
In the firs 180 days, the website went from ranking for just 3 keywords to 18. These were highly competitive, high traffic keywords that increased their overall website traffic by 165%. By June of 2020, the campaign was in full throttle as the website was now ranking for over 30 keywords. According to the client, their average new patient count (including other advertising sources) went from around 45 new patients per month to over 120 new patients per month in just 6 months.