Looking at the growing popularity of online retail shopping, Microsoft Advertising is now looking out for ways to help retail partners make the most of this change.
Here’s an announcement that they made last month, “…the availability of free Product Listings, which allow you to show your product offers for free on the Bing Shopping Tab starting in the USA and soon rolling out to other markets — United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, France, and Germany.”
Steps to Enable Product Listings
- Customers that are already a part of Microsoft Shopping Campaigns do not require to take any action for participating. Microsoft Merchant Center automatically opts all the approved product offers.
- If it’s the other way round, you can simply create a Microsoft Merchant Center store, submit all the products that are eligible and make sure that they are approved. Once the Merchant Center store is successfully created, you’re opted-in to the free Product Listings offering.
- All the approved products get reflected in the free products listings section on the Bing Shopping Tab.
Things to Know
- Product Listings reporting will be available in Microsoft Merchant Center by this fall.
- To avail all the benefits of Product Listings, it is advisable to send a complete product feed, along with your entire inventory and more fields to provide a rich data source.
- Clicks from the Product Listings section within the Shopping Tab are free of cost.
- All products are required to –
- Abide by Microsoft Advertising policies and Product Ads policies
- Meet the product specification requirements (similar to paid ads today)
- To opt out of receiving this free traffic, you can click on Show Free Product Listings through the Settings page of your merchant center store in the shopping tab toggle.
Bing is also looking forward to partnering with more retailers in order to offer a wider selection of products.
Actions to Take
For more information, click here! You can send in your queries and feedback to Microsoft Advertising account manager or email directly to [email protected] or you can reach out to us for assistance.