CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT TOOL (CRM)
At No Boundaries Marketing Group, we utilize ZOHO CRM as our system of record. You can access the login portal here: www.crm.zoho.com
LOGGING IN TO THE CRM
Once you click on link above, you will be prompted to enter your username and password. Your username is your email address, and your password should have been sent to you in an email. If you have lost or forgotten your password, click on the Forgot Password link to reset your credentials.
GETTING FAMILIAR WITH THE DEFAULT VIEW: WHAT SHOULD YOU FOCUS ON…
The default dashboard will provide you with some very important information related to your various tasks, activities, and meetings. At the top of the page, you will see a standardized menu bar with HOME, LEADS, CONTACTS, ACCOUNTS, and more. From the menu bar, you will be able to efficiently navigate to the various sections of the CRM to access needed information. We will break down each of sections below:
Home is the main or default page in Zoho CRM. The Home tab provides a general overview of open tasks, overdue tasks, your activities, meetings, etc. This view acts as a quick link to access information more efficiently.
The Leads tab serves as our database of potential clients. Entering Leads is an extremely important part of the sales process. Once a lead is entered, it will start an automated lead nurture process designed to increase our new customer conversion rate. Below, you will find the basic functions and tasks under the Leads tab.
ENTER A NEW LEAD:
- 1. Click on the Create Lead Button
- 2. Treat each field as a required field entering as much information as possible. This will make connecting with the lead in the future more efficient.
- 3. Treat each field as a required field entering as much information as possible. This will make connecting with the
- *Note: Attention to detail is extremely important. The way leads are entered is the way information will appear in automated messages. Make sure the first letter in the first and last name are capitalized, the business name is accurate, the email accurate, and the website is accurate. The goal is to enter as much information as possible!
DOCUMENT A LEAD INTERACTION:
Once a new lead is entered, you are now able to document any interaction you have with that potential client in the system. To document client interactions or to schedule a meeting, navigate to the Open Activities section under the lead and click on the ( + ) icon to add a task, schedule a meeting, or document a call.
CREATE A PROPOSAL FOR A LEAD
To create a Proposal for a Lead, simply navigate to the main menu bar at the top of the page. Click on the Proposal tab. On the Proposal tab, you will then need to click on Create Proposal in the upper right-hand corner. From there, you will need to enter the following information:
- 1. Proposal Stage (update once the quote is sent)
- a. Draft is for unsent Proposals
- b. Delivered is for Proposalsthat have been sent to leads
- c. Negotiation is for Proposalsbeing negotiated by sales
- d. On Hold is a Proposalsthat the client wants to wait on
- e. Closed Won is for approved Proposals
- f. Closed Lost is for rejected Proposals
- 2. Subject
- a. Should say “Marketing Proposal for XYZ Business”
- 3. Valid Until (Quote expiration date – normally 30 days)
- 4. Customer Type
- a. Select “Lead” for new clients or “Customer” to select an existing client. This will allow you to search the business name below and the system will populate the information automatically on the Proposal. Please note, this information must be entered on the Lead or Customer tab in order for the information to populate automatically.
- 5. Quoted Services
- a. Simply typing in the product name (ie. SEO) will bring up the list of products to simplify the order entry process. The remaining fields will pre-populate from the Products tab in the system.
Once these items are entered, click the Save button in the upper right-hand corner. On the next screen, click on the three dots in the upper right-hand corner. From here, you can select the “Export to PDF”. This will create the actual Service Agreement to send to the Lead / Customer. When the next screen comes up, you will select Marketing Proposal from the Inventory Template dropdown and then Export at the bottom left hand side of the window. Next, you can select send an email, or you can click “Send with Zoho Sign” which will email a signature request version over to the client for approval.
CONVERTING A LEAD TO A CONTACT/ACCOUNT
Once the Proposal has been approved, the Lead will now need to be converted to a Contact/Account. This process will start additional automated processes such as emails to the client and tasks for the project management staff. To convert a Lead, simply click on the Convert button in the upper right-hand corner, confirm the information on the next screen, then click Convert at the bottom of the page! This process will be managed by a member of the management team.
CONTACTS & COMPANIES:
Once the Lead is successfully converted in the CRM, there are additional fields that will need to be completed to ensure our project management team has the proper information to service the new client efficiently. Please take some time to view any open fields and complete as much information as possible.
Once the Proposal has been reviewed and approved internally, a Project Manager will need to be assigned. Project Managers are assigned on a “next up” system to load balance each project manager to ensure we provide the best possible customer service to our clients! This process will be managed by a member of the management team.
It is imperative that the sales staff provide as much documentation about the client, their needs, pain points, etc in the notes field so the Project Manager can familiarize themselves with the new client. The sales team is required to attach any sales literature or reporting used in the sale of the account to the Lead/Contact.
IMPORTANCE OF DOCUMENTATION
Documentation in customer service is a quintessential part of customer data and information. Structured documentation in customer service ensures that details on customers are all in one place and accessed easily between sales, project management, and customer service representatives. It is the expectation of each and every employee that they document every interaction with a client in the CRM. Listed below are some best practices to consider, but not limited to, when documenting client interactions in the CRM:
- Who you spoke with
- If an outbound call, why you were calling
- Summary of the conversation
- Action items, both internal and external
- Follow up dates, times, and actions
As a part of our email system, all emails from your Zoho Email account are automatically uploaded into the CRM assuming the email address that you are sending to is tied to a Lead or Contact in the CRM.
CRM BEST PRACTICES
In order for the Company to get the most out of the CRM system, consistency is key. Please take a look at the best practices below:
- Make sure you search for existing leads and contacts first before you enter a new lead. Duplicate information is a recipe for a bad customer experience!
- Take your time when entering information and don’t rush! Errors will cost you more time and potentially create a negative client experience.
- When entering client information, enter it as if you were sending a professional letter. You want to capitalize the first letter in the first and last name, address, you want to use appropriate punctuation, and make sure that there are no typos.
- The more information the better! The more you document, the better off everyone will be!
- Remember, this is a legal system of record and the information contained in the CRM is subject to subpoena in a court of law. Do not enter any information that violates our policies or could jeopardize our Company reputation.
Within the CRM, you will find a Send Email option. This is similar to your standard email, however this also provides you access to our template library. We have created dozens of preformed emails to address some of the more common emails that we send to clients.
For our Sales team, we have provided a series of prospecting emails for use when reaching out to clients. For our Project Management team, we have emails that address specific tasks, we have welcome or on-boarding emails, and more!
When possible, we encourage the use of these templated emails to ensure clients get a consistent customer service experience from the start of the sales process through client servicing.
To utilize our email templates, simply click on the blue Sent Email button from either a Lead or Contact. Next, you will click on the Choose Template option at the top of the page. From there, you will need to scroll or search for the type of template you are looking for. Please note, some templates require you to add or edit certain information. An example, for our Project Management staff, if you are sending out a templated for the Video Script, you will need to put a link or attach the video script file. Also, the signature block is generic to accommodate all users. You are encouraged to updated that with your contact information for a more personalized client interaction.